NYC 2006
(Take II)


Six years ago, I visited Jud and Christa in Austin, where they were quickly becoming acclaimed for their creativity and talent on the stage. If I recall that few days correctly, we stayed up terribly late writing a grant for their theater company and then stayed up terribly late striking two tons of gravel from the set of Fugitive Pieces, in which Jud was performing. How did we manage to sleep so little and maintain smiling countenances?

Fast forward six years: Stacy and I get pretty wiped out just walking and breathing in NYC. Here we are after our day of wandering East-to-get-West in Chinatown. We relaxed a bit too much on our river cruise tour of Manhattan, and we snapped this photo to capture our weariness. In my defense, I did try and keep up with Jud, which meant sitting up on the roof of their building for a nightcap and "just one smoke" with Jud. After four hours passed, we would finally head back in for sleep. And, unlike in previously-mentioned fun times, we had to pry ourselves up from sleep in the actual morning so Stacy and I could make the most of our city time.

As you can see below, Jud and Christa were not worse for the wear of late nights and walking and our antics. Aren't they lovely?!


Truthfully, Stacy bounced back rather well (with a little help from Charbuck):


So I was the only one who really suffered.


No comments: