Photo Numero Uno: June 18, 2009

Yesterday was my 37th birthday, and that's a number that seriously freaks me out! I mean, I can literally recall twenty years of relative adulthood (Come on! I said "relative"!).

Anyway, today has been a good day. No, I didn't get some object of my dreams--aside from a sixteen-foot aluminum extension ladder from my parents, which was previously filed under the "things-I-want-but-would-not-likely-pay-for" category. Instead, this year, I tangibly enjoyed people wishing me well. I felt rich with good will, which is not a bad way to begin another year of life.

Stacy stayed up late Wednesday night baking me a cake, and Mia requested a slice for breakfast, so we all sat down and started the day with pure sugar. Mia became noticeably grumpy a half hour later, thanks to the crash. And she stayed with me, waiting for the Dish Network tech to come replace our tree-crushed dish, up until heading out with dad to go to his house for a much-needed nap. Anyway, somehow the time felt special.

Here's the first photo in my photo-a-day blogging exercise. One down, three-hundred-sixty-four to go!

Mia made the card for me, with Stacy's help. She colored the Smurf and Jo Jo pictures all on her own!


No comments: